Wednesday 6 March 2013

Poems

Some of the Grade 8's from Abu Dis boys school have been coming to Dar Assadaqa on Saturdays  to attend our morning English club, especially when there has been teacher strikes and they have been unable to attend school.

Last week some of them wrote poems relating to their situations and how they feel:


It's up to you,
One song can spark a moment
One tree can start a forest
One smile begins a friendship
One touch can show you care
One step must start a journey
One candle wipes out darkness
One life can make the difference
You see, it's up to you.

            ---

I can't go everywhere
If I want go to Jerusalem
I can't...
If I want to think about the future
I can't...
If I want healthcare
I can't...
But...
In the end I have
good parents
good friends
good English teachers
good brothers
and I don't have to worry about life because
Inshallah
I will be in heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment